Fundamentals of Organisation Development Introductory Programme
Gain a grounding in organisation development activities that assess the impact of processes and practices on achieving organisational goals.
Organisation development (ODV) acts as a development plan for the business in the same way a personal development plan guides individuals towards aspirations and goals. People professionals who can apply ODV knowledge and skills are increasingly in demand as the business context becomes more interconnected, more complex and more technology enabled.
This introductory programme is aimed at those in HR, L&D or line management seeking a solid foundation in the discipline of organisation development. The course introduces the growing importance of organisation development and covers core theories, methods and tools used by practitioners. Aligning to the associate standards of the CIPD Profession Map in the specialist knowledge area of organisation development, it will prepare delegates to support any change management programmes and discuss ODV approaches with stakeholders. As part of this learning experience you will have access to one live webinar. Webinars are scheduled twice per calendar year so you'll have two dates to choose from.
Created by a respected ODV practitioner, the course is accessed via a self-serve online platform and includes real-life examples to help embed learning.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The purpose of this course is to:
- define the role of organisation development and how it aligns to HR, L&D and change management
- explore the foundations of theory used in organisation development
- list the essential aspects of consulting within organisation development practice
- explore popular tools and frameworks used in organisation development
- define the term ‘meaningful work’ and its role in organisation development processes.
Is this course right for me?
This introductory programme is aimed at those looking to get started in discipline of organisation development, and possibly already in HR, L&D or line management roles. It also provides a grounding for those aspiring to specialise in OD or change management and opens up further learning opportunities such as CIPD Accredited Programmes.
I want to put my team on this course
To introduce the basics of organisation development and change management to several learners, this course can be delivered to a team or specific function to focus on their current context and challenges.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to:
- apply the concept of organisation development in context
- explore and discuss organisation development approaches with stakeholders
- support a change management programme you’re involved in.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take six hours to complete, including reflective questions throughout. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform.
This programme includes the following lessons:
- Topic 1: What is organisation development and why it matters
- Topic 2: Exploring organisation development theory
- Topic 3: Consultancy basics for the organisation development practitioner
- Topic 4: Organisation development tools and how to use them
- Topic 5: Summary and recap
Each lesson is 30-45 minutes long and includes individual reflective and community activities to support the embedding of your learning into practice. There is a short informal knowledge check at the end of the course for the learners to test themselves against some of the key messages. This can be undertaken multiple times.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.