People Analytics Accredited Programme
Discover how people analytics can help implement an evidence-based approach so you can make informed decisions and influence stakeholders.
Created by two recognised leading experts in the field, Trish Uhl and Tracey Smith, this Accredited Programme will provide you with a deep dive into people analytics.
Trish and Tracey have extensive experience of working with and advising organisations globally on people analytics strategies, implementation, and development of capability and policy.
Developing confidence is central to their approach. This programme will help you to begin to recognise your skills, discover what you are capable of, and see how you can add value to your organisation or context. It provides you with practical and applicable knowledge that you can use in your daily work.
You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge.
The programme can be completed using Excel or Google Sheets. Python, R, SQL and machine learning are also referenced for those who wish to explore further but not required.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
This course will enable you to:
- discuss how the purpose of business is changing to serve all stakeholders, including all people in your organisation, and how this is impacting the regulatory and statutory initiatives
- explain how the workforce is now a board-level priority of equal importance to financial activities
- begin planning for how you can enhance your core people practices – across the talent lifecycle – with people analytics for improved decision-making
- build on your understanding of People Analytics as an approach that helps us to have positive impact and reach; to make meaningful contributions to our organisations; and to act in alignment with just cause and aspirational organisational, national and global goals
- use evidence-based practice and the CIPD people analytics framework to run a successful people analytics project
- apply a strategic lens to people analytics and build a people analytics strategy for your organisation
- successfully identify and work with stakeholders to deliver your people analytics project
- create a Data Governance council to support your people analytics strategy
- design value-add questions to identify areas to target with people analytics
- use decision science to make quality decisions using analytical output
- consult effectively using data
- describe the difference between measures, metrics and KPIs
- apply the fundamental rules of metrics
- explain the risks and opportunities in machine learning and people analytics
- use statistical models appropriately and effectively
- design, research, test, analyse and classify your data
- explain tools used in people analytics and talk about them confidently with suppliers and stakeholders
- engagingly and effectively present the results of your people analytics project to stakeholders.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is relevant if you are an experienced HR, OD or L&D professional looking to develop skills in people analytics so you can implement evidence-based decision making. You will have some understanding of the application and importance of analytics, however basic. It’s also suitable if you are currently working in people analytics and wish to demonstrate, reinforce and/or develop your expertise.
What will I need to successfully complete the programme?
Please ensure you can answer yes to the following statements to ensure you can successfully complete this programme.
- I am currently working in this profession or area of work, or have recently done so, and will be able to refer to current or past work examples during my learning.
- I can write an assessment answer which reflects on my learning and demonstrates how I can apply it in my context.
- I will have online access to use the CIPD Learning Hub for the duration of the programme.
- I can use the English language at the IELTS level 6 “Competent user” level or above. For more information see: https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/what-is-ielts.
- I understand I must complete the programme within a 12-month deadline of my registration payment.
- I will inform CIPD Learning if I have a learning accessibility need or disability for which I would require a reasonable adjustment.
- I confirm I have read and accept the programme policy.
I want to put my team on this course
This programme will develop and validate people analytics competence and confidence within your people function. Learners will build on their specialist skills, expand their capability, and increase the impact of their role by supporting informed business decisions.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
You can complete this programme in your own time and at your own pace, but we estimate that it will involve 70 hours of learning, covering the following modules:
- Adding people analytics to your practice – why and why now?
- Analytics in action
- Stakeholder engagement and building your people analytics strategy
- Consulting using data and value-add questions
- Metrics, data models, statistical models and machine learning
- Analysing data
- Tools of the trade
- Data visualisation, presenting and making recommendations
The People Analytics Accredited Programme includes check-ins on completion of each module to help embed your learning.
There will be a chance to resit the assessment for an additional fee, please read our policy for more information.
A final 2,500 word marked submission, based on a reflection on your practice and the practical application of the learning in your context, will be assessed at the end of the course.
Accredited programme assessment submission must be completed 10-months post purchase. This is to allow time for your assessment to be marked and to give learners who have received a ‘not met’ grade the time to purchase and complete a second assessment attempt. This will be clearly communicated to all learners via the Learning Hub and upon sign up to an accredited programme. Learners can of course choose to work on and upload their completed assessment earlier if they wish. You are also encouraged to keep pace with the assessment activities, and this includes both the Module Check-ins at the end of each module throughout the programme and the final assessment. Where a learner misses the 10-month assessment deadline there may be no further opportunity to complete the assessment and CIPD Learning may withdraw the learner from the programme.
Completion will result in a certificate noting your successful achievement of this CIPD Accredited Programme. You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge once the programme has finished.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.