Inclusion and Diversity Introductory Programme
Support an I&D leadership strategy in your workplace and drive behaviours that reinforce inclusion and diversity standards.
Everyone plays a role in creating inclusive and diverse workplace cultures where individuals thrive. People professionals specialising in or supporting inclusion and diversity (I&D) require an understanding of their workforce, their context and environment, and how to create sustainable change.
This thought-provoking course has been developed by Sukh Pabial, one of CIPD’s experienced Associates. People practitioners and professionals will learn how to approach and build an evidence-based organisational strategy for inclusion and diversity. Transferring their learning into day-to-day work, they will play a role in driving action for workplace behaviours that support and reinforce I&D standards.
Upon completion, delegates will be able to clearly define inclusion and diversity and help develop policies and practice. Supporting and building the capability of I&D leaders, they will enable the business to create a culture of trust which enables people to speak up, feel safe and advocate for others.
The purpose of this course is to:
- define inclusion and diversity in the world of work
- gain insight into the importance of organisational strategy for inclusion and diversity
- use data for inclusion and diversity
- create a leadership strategy for inclusion
- build action for workplace behaviours for inclusion and diversity.
Is this course right for me?
This introductory programme is aimed at people practitioners and professionals involved in supporting and implementing inclusion and diversity policies in the workplace. Focusing on individual context, delegates will reflect on challenges, opportunities to improve, effective use of data and how to provide guidance and leadership.
I want to put my team on this course
Support the on-going development of your team when you offer this course to a specific function or department. You’ll enable people professionals to confidently work with leadership to implement policies that support inclusion and diversity and address pertinent challenges.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to:
- explain why inclusion and diversity is imperative for individual and organisational success
- identify the challenges and opportunities relating to inclusion and diversity in your own workplace, using data
- support creation of a strategy to drive inclusion and diversity
- influence workplace behaviours to strengthen inclusion and diversity.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take six hours to complete, including reflective questions throughout. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform.
- Topic 1: Introduction to I&D
- Topic 2: Getting going with I&D
- Topic 3: Organisational tools to drive I&D
- Topic 4: Workplace behaviours and their impact
There is a short informal knowledge check at the end of the course for the learners to test themselves against some of the key messages. This can be undertaken multiple times.